January 12, 2020 at 7:18 pm #11301
We’ve got most everything setup in the plugin but we are confused about some of the MLM settings. Please advise.
Here is all we are looking for.
There is going to be ONE “Parent” or main Affiliate
The Parent will earn 15% on sales for product purchases within the Woo Commerce Store
All other affiliates will operate under the Parent and will earn 10% on sales of products within the stores and the Parent will earn 5% on top of this (totaling 15% which is our standard sales commission limit)
There should be no limits, no spill overs etc.
Just a very simple setup.
How do we accomplish this?
January 16, 2020 at 12:49 am #11309
Sorry for the delay. We didn’t receive the notification for your post. For future reference, if you need support for the MLM plugin, please post to the AffiliateWP MLM PLugin Support Forum, for faster response times.
To answer your question, you need to setup a Unilevel Structure (Unlimited Width). To do this, you ensure that Forced Matrix is disabled, and the Width will not apply. The depth should be set to 1 allowing 1 Level of Sub Affiliates for each Parent Affiliate.
Since you want to have a main affiliate that all others fall under, you set that affiliate as the Default Affiliate in the MLM Settings.
If you don’t want to allow any of your other affiliates to have the ability to refer Sub Affiliates of their own, you can use our AffiliateWP Ranks add-on to create 2 Affiliate Types: (One for the Main Affiliate, and one for the Sub Affiliates). Then, you will have the ability to choose the Main Affiliate Rank as the only type of affiliate that can have Sub Affiliates.
Note: You can name the ranks whatever you want, it’s just an example.
Also, you should set the “Sub Affiliate” Rank as the Default Rank to ensure that all new affiliates who register get this rank automatically. Then, you simply edit the Main Affiliate and assign the Main Affiliate Rank to them manually.
This will also force any new affiliates that were referred by Sub Affiliates, to automatically be assigned to the Main Affiliate (The Default Affiliate).
Regarding the Commissions, if you want the Parent to earn 15% when they refer a sale themselves, you will set the Direct Referral Rate to 15% in Affiliates > Settings > General.
If you want your Sub Affiliates to earn only 10% when they refer a sale, you can use the Ranks add-on to set a 10% commission rate for those with the Sub Affiliate Rank only.
And in the MLM tab, you set 5% as the Indirect Referral Rate, which the Main Affiliate can only earn, since they are the only affiliate who has Sub Affiliates, and can earn Indirect Referrals.
Let me know if all of this makes sense.
March 3, 2020 at 5:04 pm #11614
We do provide plugin documentation to give you a more in-depth description of the settings and features. Beyond that, we can tell you if you have things setup properly as outlined.
Or, if you’d like for one of our team members to set up these AffiliateWP add-ons for you, we do offer a Plugin Installation and Setup Service.
To get this done, you would simply purchase our Plugin Installation & Setup Service. There, you have the option to choose how many plugins you need us to setup:
1 Plugin = $49
3 Plugins = $99 (This would be the option you would choose for setting up AffiliateWP, MLM, and Ranks)
5 Plugins = $199
If this is what you want to do, let me know, and I’ll give you the link to purchase the Setup Service.
And if you need any further assistance, let me know about that as well.
March 4, 2020 at 2:26 am #11618
I will be performing the Setup Service personally to ensure that this is configured properly. I will be sure to configure everything according to your needs, and I will be following the configuration that I suggested above, in accordance with the ideal setup you explained previously. And if you have any adjustments that need to be made to your config, we can take care of that during the process.
Yes, I will be communicating with you directly via email throughout the project.
Here’s the link to the Plugin Installation & Setup Service:
Also, which email address is best to reach you for follow up on this?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.